Originally from New Zealand, we have quickly earned recognition across Canada and the US as the leader in supporting high-quality practice and outcomes for children. With your help, we want to build on this momentum and expand into early learning environments across North America. You’ll play an important role in Storypark’s growth as you manage the sales process to build new relationships with early childhood education organizations across your territory.
You’ll join a purpose-led company whose values define us, work with people who care about their craft and be energised by the passion and friendliness of people in the early childhood education profession.
Helping us refine our outbound sales function as we scale, your creativity and entrepreneurial nature will influence our direction and help us make a difference in the lives of children, families and educators globally.
You’ll be part of setting up a new office in Toronto, connecting with our current customer base and running experiments to find the most effective methods to drive success and build strong relationships with new key customers. You are motivated by a challenge and flourish with being responsible for your own territory and corresponding go-to-market plan.
What you’ll be doing
- Research to maintain and expand your market knowledge and database of prospects within your territory
- Generate new sales opportunities through sourcing and building relationships via networking, outbound calls and email outreach etc
- Seeking to understand our customers’ problems, and showcasing relevant solutions
- Craft sales strategies for your territory and build/execute on your account plans
- Run web-based and face to face product demonstrations with qualified leads
- Close sales of customer trials and pilot projects
- Achieve and exceed monthly quotas and objectives
- Build, qualify, manage and control a sales pipeline
- Assist with refining our inside sales processes
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, customer success and product teams to drive sales, improve our processes and share insights that improve our product
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer records and sales activity in Salesforce
- Identify other sales opportunities through other avenues such as representing Storypark at international conferences
- Bring the Storypark brand and values to life in the world
To succeed in the role you’ll demonstrate
- Alignment with Storypark’s values and purpose
- Passion for our product and at least 2 years relevant sales experience
- Excellent selling, communication, networking and influencing skills
- Track record of hitting or exceeding commission targets in previous SaaS sales roles
- Driving a full sales cycle
- Creativity, entrepreneurialism and resourcefulness
- Great listening skills
- Grit and competitiveness
- Strategic thinker with unwavering customer focus
- Expert organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good written communication
- Flexibility and agility with ability to excel in fast-paced changing environment
- A drive for achievement in your work and personal life
- Experience using Salesforce (or similar CRM)
Nice to haves:
- Experience selling to educators or the early childhood education profession
- Experience coaching or teaching others in some format
- Experience working with global/remote teams
- Recent experience working in a startup under 100 employees.
As well as having the chance to make a difference to the lives of millions of children, parents and teachers you’ll find:
- A great team who are fun, caring and work with strong values
- Flexible working hours and an open working from home policy
- A great shared office space with other social-impact focused organizations
- Annual compensation reviews – great work is rewarded!
- A competitive salary
We think you’ll like it here, a place where your own potential will be nurtured as you play an instrumental part in our relationships and growth.